Saturday, October 6, 2012

Birthday Party Planning

My husband's 30th birthday is coming up on October 24th and we will be celebrating early with a combined birthday party to honor Michael and his mom (her birthday is on October 16th). With extended family far away and everyone's schedule so busy these days, a combined party for the October birthdays is a great way to get everyone together and celebrate these two very special people. I am also relieved that we are celebrating in early October to avoid any possible early delivery surprises towards the end of the month.

With any party, my planning and creative mind goes into overdrive and I start thinking of fabulous ways to craft, create, cook, and bake for a special occasion. All parties should start with a fantastic invite, which I designed using TinyPrints.com. Here it is:


We are going with a soup and chili bar for the menu including four different varieties including all of the fixings, bread bowls, cornbread, veggie trays, and fruit salad. I will be posting the chili and soup recipes next week that I will be making for the party... both are delish!

We are having my best friend Laura's famous cake pops in red velvet and chocolate flavors with matching blue and green icing to coordinate with the party invite colors. These cake pops are sure to be a huge hit with everyone and they are so much easier to serve than trying to slice cake and serving ice cream. And with any party, I hope for leftover cake pops for the hostess to take home :) 

I am looking forward to a great party for my husband and mother in law and lots of great food, plenty of laughs, and spending time with the people we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment