Monday, October 8, 2012

36 Weeks

Each week in October will either go by fast or painfully slow. This pregnancy has gone by so fast up until now. The first few days of this month seemed to take forever. I think I am just getting anxious and excited to meet our baby girl, so each day that I have to wait feels longer than it should. I have just about everything ready, except for a few things and can't wait till it is time to go to the hospital. We have 2 weeks left in our childbirth classes and then a tour at the hospital on the 24th. I look forward to making it through the next few weeks and then she can come whenever she is ready. I am hoping for an October baby but I know that she will enter this world when she is good and ready! :) Here are my pregnancy updates for this week:

How far along? 36 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 20 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Of course! I am getting lots of use out of my favorite maternity clothes and finding that anything that is comfortable is what I am choosing the wear. There is nothing worse than feeling huge and squeezing into clothes.
Stretch Marks? Nope ;)
Sleep? Not enough and not great. I am still waking up a few times each night and having a hard time getting up in the mornings. Napping is nice, but doesn't happen often enough throughout the week.
Best Moment this Week? Feeling the support, love, and reassurance from my husband. He has been great about reminding me that I can do this and that we are going to be great parents. I don't know what I would do without him by my side. And he has been wonderful with nightly back rubs for me :)
Miss Anything? Lots of coffee! I have to limit my intake to one cup a day and there are so many times I wish I could drink an entire pot of coffee in the morning... oh how I miss my caffeine!
Movement? Lots of it and often more on my right side. I can feel her little feet push into my sides and sometimes can feel an elbow or knee graze the inside of my belly. She is a very wiggly baby and I wonder if this will continue outside of the womb.
Food Cravings? About the same... cheese, cereal, frozen yogurt... not much else.
Anything Making you Queasy? Not really, just lots of heartburn at night.
Gender? Girl! And I love pinning adorable baby clothes on Pinterest, be sure to check out my Baby Clothes Board... so stinking cute!
Labor Signs? Not really, just having Braxton Hicks contractions a few times a day. Sometimes they can be a bit painful and other times they just tighten up my belly and cause some pressure.
Belly Button In or Out? Not much change from last week, the top part is still poking out a bit and you can see it through my clothes.
Wedding Rings On or Off? Still on but sometimes difficult to take off. I don't wear them at night and might only be able to wear them for another week or so before my fingers are just too swollen to fit the rings on. 
General Mood? It depends how tired I am. I am finding that when I am tired, I am very emotional and easily overwhelmed. The hardest part for me right now is not knowing if she will arrive tomorrow or in a month. I am such a planner, so not knowing when she will be born has been a tough adjustment for me. I am trying to focus on one day at a time, which can sometimes be frustrating for me.  
Symptoms? Lots of back pain, tired feet, and heartburn at night... oh the joys of the third trimester! :(
Looking Forward To? I am looking forward to this coming weekend and celebrating my husband's birthday a bit early. I really look forward to the weekends these days because it allows me to sleep in, relax, take naps, and just chill out. The weeks feel long when the day starts before 7am and usually doesn't wrap up until close to 9pm. Can you tell I am tired?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment