Monday, October 15, 2012

37 Weeks

The past week has been way too crazy! I have been really busy at work with planning an all day conference, hosted book club last Thursday, and planned a birthday party for over 25 people. Needless to say, I am exhausted and so ready for the upcoming weekend where I have absolutely nothing planned. I was able to conquer a few things around the house this past weekend and check off a few items on my to do list. Each day we get closer to my due date, I am feeling more and more ready for our baby girl's arrival. Here are my pregnancy updates and a belly pic for this week:


How far along? 37 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 22 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Yep! Wearing lots of leggings and maternity dresses and anything comfy in the evenings and on the weekends.
Stretch Marks? No, but my belly has been really itchy this week :(
Sleep? Still not great, but I did sleep in both days this weekend which felt heavenly! I have been building a pillow palace in our bed each night to help me get comfortable and support my growing belly. At times I wish I could sleep till 10am each morning, but as long as I get to bed at a decent time I am usually somewhat rested come morning.
Best Moment this Week? Being told I should model for maternity clothes! There is not a pregnant woman in this world that wouldn't want to hear a compliment like that! And I loved seeing all of our family and friends at the birthday party and sharing the last few weeks of this pregnancy with the people we love.
Miss Anything? Wine! Each time we have book club or a birthday party, I miss having a wonderful chilled glass of Moscato or Riesling Wine. I might have to splurge at the holidays on just one glass :)
Movement? Lots of it and often in my ribs. This little girl just loves to tuck her little feet under my ribs and kick. She is active most of the day and nice and quiet at nighttime. Let's hope that her movement continues like that after she is born. :) I will miss feeling the movement in my belly and will always remember that feeling as the best part of pregnancy.
Food Cravings? Still the same... cereal, cheese, frozen yogurt, and my recent favorite... anything pumpkin flavored!
Anything Making you Queasy? Nope. Just the crazy heartburn that can cause you to feel like you are going to lose your dinner... not fun at all.
Gender? Girl! I found this adorable shop on Etsy that sells the cutest felt flower headbands. I have already picked out a few that I will be ordering for baby girl!
Labor Signs? Not really. Sometimes I have Braxton Hicks contractions but they have been pretty mild the last few days. I have a feeling this baby is not coming until November (even though her parents would love to see her sooner!)
Belly Button In or Out? Still half and half. I am amazed how much that part of your skin stretches and the top part is still poking out a bit.
Wedding Rings On or Off? Off :( I had to take my rings off a few days ago after I almost couldn't get them off. My finger started to throb and turn a slight twinge of blue as I tried to squeeze my finger out of the rings. I will miss wearing them...
General Mood? Pretty good. Anxious at times for her arrival and completely relaxed at other times. I am just taking everything one day at a time until she decides to enter this world! 
Symptoms? Back pain almost all the time and exhausted. These last few weeks could start to feel really long...
Looking Forward To? I am planning on having a few casual maternity photos taken this week and still need to finish packing the hospital bag. I have a few blog posts coming up with details on the nursery, the hospital bag, and the remaining items on our baby prep to do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment