Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Birthday Party Menu - Soup and Chili Bar

With the birthday party only a few days away, I have some cooking to plan for on Saturday morning. These two recipes for our soup and chili bar are tried and true favorites and have been requested to be made again by my husband. And since he is the birthday guy, I am happy to make him his favorites. I have made both of these recipes several times and love them both! And they are recipes that are fairly easy to throw together and only get better the longer they sit and the flavors meld together. The chili recipe I will be making is Cincinnati Skyline Chili and I adapt this recipe to just be the chili and leave out the pasta part. The flavors are great and this recipe is so hearty for the cool Fall weather that has arrived. 

Cincinnati Skyline Chili - originally found on the blog What's Cooking Chicago?
The other soup recipe that I will be making for the party is Chicken Tortilla Soup. This soup is flavorful and fun to dress up with all of the fixings. My favorite part about this soup is how much flavor the chicken has and topping my bowl with lots of crunchy corn tortilla strips and a big dollop of sour cream.

Chicken Tortilla Soup - from one of my favorite blogs, Pioneer Woman
These recipes are sure to be a hit at the birthday party and will feed a crowd! I look forward to celebrating two very special people in my life and enjoying the company of family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment