Monday, October 1, 2012

35 Weeks

With just over a month until our due date, the anticipation for our baby's arrival is building by the day. We are getting so excited to meet her and ready for all the joys and blessings that parenthood will bring us. The last few weeks have been really busy getting things ready for baby girl and I am sure the next few weeks will be just a crazy with last minute preparations and attempting to patiently wait for when she decides to arrive. Here are my pregnancy updates and a belly picture for the week:


How far along? 35 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 18 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Yes and trying to get creative with my current wardrobe options and the changing weather. I am hesitant to buy anymore clothes with just about a month to go, but I do find that with the chilly weather I have to get creative about layering tops and wearing leggings or pants on most days.
Stretch Marks? No and really hoping and wishing that it stays that way!
Sleep? Horrible. I can't seem to get enough of it and my mind is too busy at night to fall asleep quickly. I am going to try taking a few short naps throughout the week when I can and really making the commitment to be in bed by 9:30pm and sleeping till at least 6:30am. I keep telling myself that this horrible sleep is just a prep course in the months to come with a newborn...
Best Moment this Week? Putting together the car seat and stroller and thinking about bringing her home from the hospital. And I can't wait for all of the walks around the neighborhood in her sweet pink stroller :)
Miss Anything? Sleep, sleep, and restful sleep... can't say enough about missing my restful slumbers.
Movement? Oh yes... she loves to kick and move and is active the majority of the day. She loves to kick on my right side and up into my ribs. I do appreciate that she is pretty quiet at night and let's her mommy sleep :) I love being able to feel her little feet push and kick into my side... kind of a crazy feeling, but I still love it!
Food Cravings? I am still obsessed with provolone cheese and love eating Rice Krispies cereal. I am curious to see if my cravings will ever have an effect on what our baby girl likes or dislikes to eat in the future.
Anything Making you Queasy? No, but I have developed the nose of hound. I can smell just about anything from quite a distance these days.
Gender? Girl! And she has quite the closet started... way more clothes than her mommy and daddy combined!
Labor Signs? No, not yet. We have been learning lots in our childbirth classes and have started talking about how to manage my labor (whenever that time comes...)
Belly Button In or Out? The top part is poking out a little bit more than it was last week.
Wedding Rings On or Off? Still on but getting snug. I have been taking them off at night to give my ring finger a chance to rest. I hope I can wear my rings till the end of the pregnancy, but we will just have to see if my fingers continue to swell or not.
General Mood? It depends on the day... I have moments of loving being pregnant and having the energy for things to then drastically changing to a sleepy and cranky pregnant lady. I am trying to enjoy the good moods and minimize the bad moods (as best as I can). 
Symptoms? I have had some killer heartburn late at night and pretty intense back pain almost everyday. I have been trying to rest and my husband has been great about rubbing my back, but each day the pain and discomfort seems to come back. I will not miss that part of the pregnancy at all!
Looking Forward To? I will be so relieved once I am able to put away all of her clothes and baby gear in her closet/room and put the finishing touches on the nursery. I also have a few more weekends of spending time with my family visiting from Salt Lake and I always look forward to seeing them and spending time with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment