Thursday, September 13, 2012

New Book Club Selection - Wild

I just got home from another great night with my girlfriends. Our evening at book club was filled with great discussion, catching up on each others lives, great food (and cookies), and lots of laughs. We always seem to have a great time together and I really look forward to each month's gathering. We discussed the book, Sarah's Key, and just about everyone enjoyed the story and the connection between Sarah and Julia even though the stories were decades apart.

One of my favorite parts about book club is choosing the next book. It is like going shopping with all of your girlfriends and picking something out to enjoy together... I just love it! We chose the next book called 'Wild' by Cheryl Strayed. This book was chosen as part of Oprah's Book Club 2.0 and has been highly recommended to read.


Here is a short summary of this book:
  • A powerful, blazingly honest memoir: the story of an eleven-hundred-mile solo hike that broke down a young woman reeling from catastrophe—and built her back up again.
I have heard so many great things about this book and the adventure the author took by hiking the Pacific Coast Trail on her own with no experience. I am looking forward to the adventure of this book and reading the story of this woman's discovery through her travel experience.

I plan on downloading this book on my iPad this weekend, because there is a special Oprah's book club edition that is available with additional information from the author and various reading discussion points along the way. I am sure the enhanced version will come in handy for our book club discussion next month. Hope you are enjoying a good book this month and/or maybe you want to pick up this selection and read along. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment