Monday, September 10, 2012

32 Weeks

This past week has been an interesting transition for me. I have started to really feel the exhaustion of the third trimester and starting to feel huge. I am a bit worried that I may only have 8 weeks to go and starting to feel like a whale a bit sooner than I would have liked. I am one of the lucky ones where all of my weight gain is happening in my belly, but sometimes I feel like I am carrying around a giant pumpkin. I have also started to realize that in less than 2 months I will be a mommy caring for a sweet baby girl. My husband and I are so excited to meet her and our patience is definitely dwindling. Here are my pregnancy updates for the week and a picture of my huge belly!


How far along? 32 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 16 pounds
Maternity Clothes? I am all about comfort these days so anything that is too snug has gotta go. I am trying to stretch my summer wardrobe as long as I can before the weather turns cold.
Stretch Marks? Nope :)
Sleep? It's alright. Could be better but hasn't been horrible either. I have been catching a few naps on the weekends and trying to not overdo it throughout the week. I am realizing that my energy is in short supply and I must spend it wisely in the coming weeks.
Best Moment this Week? I absolutely love feeling her move and it is one of the first things I look forward to when I wake up in the morning. I love bonding with my belly and talking to her throughout the day. She is making her momma so happy!
Miss Anything? I miss not having to worry about my pregnant belly when I am putting on my shoes or attempting to move something. It still amazes me how my belly can make me feel so clumsy and sometimes out of breath.
Movement? Baby girl has been super active this week and I have felt her move from just about every corner of my belly. She loves kicking in the mornings and at night and I love feeling her wiggle around in there. I even felt her have a case of the hiccups this past weekend!
Food Cravings? I have this crazy desire to chew on ice... my dentist would cringe, but something about a huge cup of ice just makes me happy these days! :) And I still love all things dairy including cheese (love it!), milk, and ice cream!
Anything Making you Queasy? Nope!
Gender? Girl!
Labor Signs? Not really but it is starting to sink in that in the coming weeks we will be getting closer to the reality of labor. We also start our childbirth classes next week and excited to see how they go.
Belly Button In or Out? It is starting to transition to an outie. Kind of strange to see it change.
Wedding Rings On or Off? For the first time my rings are getting a bit snug on my fingers. This is either a sign of swelling or the weight gain is reaching my fingers. Either way I am going to be sad if there comes a time that I can't wear my beautiful rings. :(
General Mood? Pretty good. Really excited for the next few weeks and also a bit nervous about everything that I would like to get done before she arrives. I am much more relaxed than I thought I would be but I also have my moments of panic and nesting at times.  
Symptoms? I have been getting sore more often in my feet and back and can feel the stress on my legs when I am on my feet for too long. I still have heartburn at times and lately I have been a bit more clumsy than usual. I think the high heels need to be retired to ensure I don't have a total wipe-out.
Looking Forward To? I am really excited for my baby shower this weekend and can't wait to see all of my family and friends. It is going to be the most beautiful day to have everyone I love around me and feel the love and support for our baby girl. I am so blessed! 

I am transitioning my mind into total countdown mode in the coming weeks. I am starting to transition my brain to think about being off work, wrapping up things around the house including finishing the nursery, and soaking up the last little bit of alone time that I will have before baby arrives. I am hoping to be able to enjoy the last few weeks/months of my pregnancy, but at the same time I am so ready to meet our baby. One thing I know for sure is that I trust God to decide when it is the time for her to arrive... he knows the plan he has for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment