Monday, September 17, 2012

33 Weeks

This past week has been so busy and filled with so many fun things. Between seeing my family and friends from Salt Lake for the weekend and my baby shower on Saturday, I have been really enjoying the past few days. I feel so loved and blessed by the people in my life and love seeing everyone get so excited for our baby to arrive. We have been busy working on the nursery and getting things ready in our home to accommodate all of the baby gear and the gifts we have been receiving. Here are my pregnancy updates and belly picture for this week:


How far along? 33 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 17 pounds
Maternity Clothes? You bet! I picked out some adorable dresses last week at the maternity store (the pink one in the picture above is one of them) and love how comfortable they are and they definitely show off my belly :)
Stretch Marks? Nope :) Hoping it stays this way!
Sleep? Still tired beyond belief and can't seem to get enough shut eye. I having been sleeping with lots of pillows to prop up my head and neck to avoid the dreaded late night heartburn.
Best Moment this Week? Celebrating the soon to be arrival of baby girl at my baby shower with my friends and family. It was great to celebrate with everyone and open so many fun gifts and precious outfits for our little one.
Miss Anything? I don't have much energy lately and have had to really slow down, which is hard for me to do. I also miss drinking lots of caffeine to get me through the day.
Movement? Yes and still loving it when she moves... except for when she kicks me in the ribs. She has been stretching out a lot and pushing up into my ribs quite often. Usually me standing up and helping her shift down has relieved those uncomfortable moments.
Food Cravings? Still loving cheese and sweets and my favorite ice cream (haagen dazs vanilla raspberry swirl frozen yogurt).
Anything Making you Queasy? Nope but I have found that I can't really stand much of any spice lately, so bland is better right now.
Gender? Girl!
Labor Signs? Not yet... We did start our childbirth classes this week and hoping to learn some techniques to help manage the labor and all that comes with childbirth.
Belly Button In or Out? It is kind of an innie and kind of an outie... kinda strange...
Wedding Rings On or Off? On and not quite as snug as last week. 
General Mood? Pretty good, just tired. I have been really happy lately and enjoying this time in the pregnancy, but when I get tired I often feel overwhelmed and emotional. I was so tired on Sunday night after a busy weekend that I just had to cry it out... but I felt so much better afterwards. 
Symptoms? I have been having some pretty intense back pain and uncomfortable feelings when I sit in the wrong position or lay down in an awkward position. I have also had heartburn come out of nowhere and stay for hours at a time.
Looking Forward To? I am excited to finish up the nursery, organize all of her adorable clothes and baby gear, and start planning for things like packing the hospital bag, birth announcements, and picking her take home outfit when we leave the hospital. So many fun things to spend my time on in the coming weeks!

In the next couple of weeks I will be posting more details about the nursery, tips I have been reading about packing the hospital bag, and enjoying the last few weeks of alone time with my husband. I feel like I could blink and she will be here so soon... and we still have so much to get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment