Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Book Recap - Sarah's Key

I just finished reading this month's book club selection Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay and ended up enjoying this book more than I expected.


The story of Sarah and her journey through unthinkable circumstances and grief is one of strength and resilience that most people could never imagine. I was pleasantly surprised how quick this book flowed and ending up finishing with a few days to spare before book club on Thursday. I seem to do the same thing each month... leave the book for the last week before book club and then read it quickly in just a few days. The benefit of reading this way is having the story fresh in my memory and ready to discuss with my girlfriends. The downside of leaving the reading to the last minute is that it causes unnecessary stress because I cannot imagine not finishing a book before we get together for book club. I am going to work on making a commitment to reading the book selections sooner so that I don't feel the pressure to finish quickly and can truly enjoy the current book selection of the month. Overall, this was a good book with a beautiful story about resilience, family, and searching for what is really important in life.

Thursday is our next book club gathering and we will choose our next book selection then. I will be sure to post an update later this week on what we will be reading next. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment