Monday, July 30, 2012

Favorite Books

Summer is the perfect time for catching up on great books while enjoying the sunshine outside or resting in the cool air conditioned comfort of your living room. I have a few books that I have read over the past couple of years that are at the top of my favorites list. As part of my summer to-do list, I wanted to reread a few of my favorites and here is the selection:


Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert - such a great book and a must read for every woman!

 The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin - an inspiring book and lots of practical advice on living a happy life!

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle - this book made me think about ego, consciousness, and spirit in ways I never imagined... truly inspiring!

I just started reading Eat, Pray, Love again today and have already been captivated by Elizabeth Gilbert's story and the dream of taking a journey similar to hers. One of my favorite things about rereading a book is that the experience can be completely different than the first time based on where you are in your own life's journey and what your current focus is on. Once I have finished Eat, Pray, Love, I plan to reread both the Happiness Project and A New Earth before the summer is over. Lots of reading to enjoy!

Reading is one of those great pleasures in life and there is never enough time to read as many books as I would like to. My to-be-read list is getting longer each month and I look forward to each time I can curl up with a great book and be captivated by the author's talent. Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment