Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summer To-Do List

With Memorial Day Weekend just around the corner, summer is almost here and I have put together a summer to do list. I was inspired to put together this list by one of my favorite bloggers, Mish Mash and can't wait to see what kind of list she posts. With this summer being the last summer before we have a baby and our life completely changes, I thought now is the perfect time to create a list of memories we want to create as a couple before our little one arrives. I can only imagine summers in the future with our kids to include pool parties, trips to Disneyland, lots of sidewalk chalk and popsicles, and plenty of sunscreen and play clothes. I can't wait for the next chapter in our lives but I am also soaking in the alone time that my husband and I have with each other now. Here is our summer to do list so far...
  • go to the pool at least a few times together
  • have a picnic in the park and nap under the trees
  • enjoy our season tickets to the ballpark and have plenty of ballpark food while we are there
  • play mini golf
  • visit the farmer's market as often as possible
  • use my homemade ice cream maker each weekend to make us delicious frozen treats
  • sleep in on Sundays and enjoy homemade breakfasts on the patio
  • put together the baby registry at Target
  • remodel the guest room into the baby's nursery
  • try at least five new recipes on the barbeque
  • finish a few good summer books
  • create this goal sheet to rotate on a weekly basis
  • start taking a prenatal yoga class at the gym twice a week
  • sleep in as often as possible and enjoy the sunshine while it lasts
I am looking forward to the start of summer (which I consider Memorial Day weekend) and we are headed up to a lodge for the holiday weekend with about 15 of our family and friends. I am looking forward to some down time with the family, catching up with everyone, and enjoying the breathtaking views from the lodge! Bring on the sunshine and summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment