Tuesday, July 31, 2012

26 Weeks

This past week has flown by and the weekend was full of activities with the family and planning for the baby room. There are so many options out there for nursery decor that it almost makes it impossible to make a decision. This coming week will be another busy one with a few baseball games, finishing up a few house projects, and lots of reading! Here are my pregnancy updates for the week and a belly picture:


How far along? 26 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 8 pounds
Maternity Clothes? For sure! I have started to transition to some maternity tops that my best friend Laura gave me :)
Stretch Marks? No, but my belly is definitely popping out more and more and stretching to make room for growing baby!
Sleep? A bit better... I have found that I really need at least 8-9 hours each night, which means I need to get to bed around 9ish.
Best Moment this Week? Having my mom feel baby girl kick... The look on her face was priceless and I loved having her and my family visit for the weekend.
Miss Anything? I miss my restful sleep most of all and being able to get comfortable. Accommodating my growing belly while I sleep is sometimes challenging.
Movement? Yes and I love it! Baby was super active on Sunday and is kicking lots and lots.
Food Cravings? I still love anything dairy including milk, cheese, and yogurt. My sweet tooth has dwindled a bit but I still love to enjoy fruit popsicles and coconut macaroons.
Anything Making you Queasy? Not really... Just a bit of heartburn after meals.
Gender? Girl! I have fallen in love with the new Cherry Collection at Gymboree... so precious!
Labor Signs? No way!
Belly Button In or Out? It's still in and hasn't changed much in the last week.
General Mood? It depends... sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the hormones and the list of things to do and other times I am completely at peace and trust that God will take care of us on this amazing journey. 
Symptoms? I have had a bit of back pain and can tell that my feet get sore more quickly when I am on them for too long (for example, shopping for 3 hours straight this past weekend was not a great idea for my feet!)
Looking Forward To? We have plans to start on the nursery in the next month or so and I am looking forward to putting her room together. Stay tuned for more details on the nursery soon!

I am continually reminded how blessed we are and what a miracle of life this journey is. I am looking forward to the months and years ahead of memories we are going to create with our little girl. I am already so blessed to be her momma! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment