Monday, January 31, 2011

10 Minutes a Day

After watching an episode of Oprah last night, I had an aha moment about something she said. The episode was talking about 'happiness' and she instructed everyone to take 10 minutes each day to sit in complete silence. I have never been one to meditate or sit still for long, but I am going to give this one a try. I am hoping to either start my day or end my day with 10 minutes of silence and meditation for myself. I want this time to be about reflection, being thankful, and being kind to myself with my thoughts. All throughout the day I deal with stress and I am often very critical of myself. I want this 10 minutes to be nothing but kind words and warm thoughts for myself and my life. I also hope this time with help me manage my stress and expectations of life and therefore bring more happiness to my life. This idea pairs perfectly with my current book club book 'the happiness project' which is all about bringing more joy and happiness to our lives. I plan on trying this 10 minute idea tonight and can't wait to see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment