I have a great recipe idea for you to use up some ingredients that almost everyone has at home and create a delicious and easy meal for you and your family. These are the ingredients you will need:
- fresh or frozen chicken (any kind... I use frozen chicken tenders or chicken breasts)
- canned bread crumbs or stale bread to make bread crumbs (if you do not have stale bread, just set a few slices out over night to harden up)
- parmesan cheese (the kind in the green can in the fridge)
- salad dressing (I prefer ranch, but you could use any kind of creamy salad dressing)
- and a few dried herbs from your spice cabinet (I use dried thyme, garlic powder, or italian seasoning... just choose spices you have on hand and ones that will pair well with your dressing choice)
Let your chicken thaw out and then create a breading station for yourself. You will coat the chicken in the salad dressing and then coat with the breadcrumb, cheese, and spices mixture and place in a baking dish. Bake at 350 degress for 25-40 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken.
This recipe is a great way to use up frozen chicken, leftover bread made into bread crumbs, and those half used containers of salad dressing that we all have in our fridge. Some variations of this recipe include using real shredded parmesan cheese, crunched up fried onions, or the bottom of the cornflake cereal box. The salad dressing helps keep the chicken moist and tender and the breadcrumb mixture gives the chicken a nice crunch on the outside. Serve this chicken recipe with a rice or potato dish and a veggie and you have a complete meal put together!
Take an opportunity this week to look in your kitchen and see what recipes you can create, without going to the grocery store and without spending money!