Here is another great recipe to use up some ingredients that you may have in your freezer or pantry. This recipe is for quick pesto salmon filets with spinach and cheese mashed potatoes.
The ingredients you will need are:
- fresh or frozen salmon filets (I buy these in bulk at Sam's Club or Costco and you can get 8 filets for about $23... a great price!)
- half a jar of premade pesto (or you could make your own)
- olive oil (I use extra virgin, but any kind will do)
- lemon wedges
- half a bag of frozen chopped spinach
- potatoes for mashing
- shredded cheese (I tend to use parmesan, but use what you have or a kind you like)
- spices out of the cabinet (use your creativity and play with what you have on hand instead of buying new, and often expensive jars of spices)
You will want to thaw the salmon and then baste with the pesto mixture and bake uncovered in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes until cooked all the way through. Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy! For the potatoes, make your usual mashed potatoes and then add the thawed frozen spinach until warmed through and garnish with shredded cheese (any kind you like). You can also add spices to your potatoes like garlic salt, fresh or dried parsely or thyme, or just salt and pepper to give them extra flavor. Hope you enjoy this delicious and easy recipe and start using up those ingredients in your pantry... you would be amazed by what your creativity can come up with and the money you will save!