Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pregnancy Resources

Back in early March when I took the pregnancy test, I knew there was so much information out there that I wanted to be educated and updated on. The amount of pregnancy information available from the books to the magazines to the blogs and internet can be overwhelming to say the least. There is so much information that it is nearly impossible to learn about it all before baby girl arrives. I have also been relying on my girlfriends that have had babies before to impart their wisdom to me and remind what I do need to know and what information I can forget about. There are a few websites and blogs that I have been reading in preparation for baby in addition to the babycenter app on my iPhone and the What to Expect When You're Expecting Book. Here are just a few of my favorites that have already taught me so much from breastfeeding to postpartum care to what to expect after delivery:
  • Lucie's List: this woman has posted so much information about all the things that most people won't tell you or things that are far too honest to write about. I so appreciate her candid approach to labor and delivery, postpartum, and all the things to expect that you never knew you needed to anticipate. I love reading her blog and the articles she has written because it gives me great comfort in someone just saying it how it is and how it is going to be. She has also posted amazing lists of products all in one place for post delivery survival and breast care.
  • Sweet Baby Pate: this blog has given me some great recommendations for products that I need to pick up before baby arrives. I love hearing about products that have worked for other moms... the best consumer research in my opinion. I know that I will be referring back to her blog for various recommendations on breastfeeding supplies and baby must haves.
  • Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine: this website offers great articles on pregnancy and what to expect with a newborn. I have learned about various pregnancy stretches and exercises and  tips for things like belly itching, trouble falling asleep, and how to handle the emotional mood swings. This website also offers great reviews of baby gear and products.
  • Preparing for Baby Pinterest Board: there are so many great ideas on this board that I have pinned. One of my favorites is the tips on packing the hospital bag. This board will be visited often after baby arrives and a great place to keep all those tips, tools, and recommendations from other moms in one organized place!
I plan on revisiting this post often in the coming months to remind myself of where I found all this great info. With just about 10 weeks till our due date, I still have plenty of time to research products and tips for having a newborn. I want to be as prepared as possible, but I also know that I will be blessed with incredible support from my husband, family, and friends and we will be just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment