Tuesday, August 21, 2012

29 Weeks

During this past week, I have started to realize just how fast this special journey is going by. I will only be pregnant for nine short months and will have my daughter for the rest of my lifetime. This special journey to bond with this precious baby in my belly is going to be over in just a few short months and I will so miss it. Every time she moves and kicks, I am filled with joy and a slight twinge of wanting to have that feeling of connection forever. I keep reminding myself that she is the safest she will ever be in my belly and this is the only time in our lives where she is with me every moment of the day. I can't wait for her to arrive but I know that my heart will miss being pregnant... I am in total love with this time in my life! Here are my pregnancy updates for this week:

How far along? 29 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 12 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Of course! Wearing lots of maternity tops and stretchy capris and skirts. I found this adorable shirt on Etsy this past weekend and think I might have to order one :)
Stretch Marks? Not yet... I am preparing myself that these may come before the end of this pregnancy :(
Sleep? It depends. If I have a lot on my mind, then it is hard to fall asleep at night. I still love napping and sleeping in as long as possible each day I can.
Best Moment this Week? Spending time with my husband and talking about all the things we are going to teach our daughter and experience with her. We can't wait to meet her!
Miss Anything? The thing I miss the most is restful sleep. It is starting to become hard to get comfortable and hard to sleep through the night with baby pushing on my bladder :(
Movement? Yes and she is getting so much stronger. She had some major kicks on Saturday that kind of startled me... I can tell she is getting bigger and stronger :)
Food Cravings? I love green grapes and kiwis and still have a bit of a sweet tooth at times.
Anything Making you Queasy? Nope!
Gender? Girl! I am in love with these darling little girl bows from another one of my favorite Etsy shops!
Labor Signs? No way!
Belly Button In or Out? It's still in and no change since last week.
General Mood? It really just depends... I love being pregnant but don't really love the tired part or having a hard time getting comfortable. I love sharing this journey with family and friends and will never get tired of the compliments about my 'pregnancy glow' :) 
Symptoms? In the past week or so I have developed some itching at night time which is very uncomfortable. I also feel my back getting sore more easily and having to stretch and rest to help soothe it. Oh, and the heartburn still comes at times and can be wicked!
Looking Forward To? The time is going by so fast and I have a feeling that the next few months are going to be filled with checking off the to-do list, enjoying special moments like baby showers and finishing the nursery, and anticipating the day baby girl decides to arrive.

Each week that I blog about this journey is a reminder of how blessed we are and how quickly the time is going by. I don't want to rush a moment of this and hope that by training myself to live more in the moment and focus on the present will allow me to enjoy our daughter even more when she is here. Only 11 weeks to go till our due date...

No comments:

Post a Comment