Saturday, August 18, 2012

DIY Family Pictures Canvas

Do you ever have those projects that you tell yourself that you will finish in a month and it ends up taking you a year? Well, this is one of those projects. Last summer, my Mom's family and Michael and I had family pictures taken and they turned out great. I knew I wanted a special way to display them and remembered that the wedding canvas I made with my Mom would be the perfect project. I bought the supplies and then procrastinated for months on finishing the project. With the baby coming in just a few short months, it was time to tackle some of my long overdue to-do list and this project needing finishing. Here are a few pictures of the finished product:

the canvas completed and adhered to the wall

the canvas is hung in our living room right above the bookshelf I refinished last year

This project is so easy to make. You start with a blank white canvas (found at Michael's) and paint a few coats of black paint on the front and edges. Then position your pictures and adhere with glue dots. Then cover the entire canvas with a few coats of mod podge and let dry for a few days. This easy technique gives your pictures a professional canvas look and allows you to position your pictures however you like. This project would make a great gift for family and friends or to commemorate an important event like a wedding or milestone anniversary.

I love seeing this canvas hanging on our family room wall and knowing that I can cross that craft project off my to-do list... feels good and looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment