Tuesday, August 28, 2012

30 Weeks

Wow, 30 weeks today. 3-0! I can't believe how fast this journey is going by. This past week has been full of a lot of emotion for me and I can feel the excitement building and the anticipation for our baby girl's arrival. I have been soaking up my free time since I know it will be short lived and dreaming about meeting our baby. Here are my pregnancy updates and a picture for this week:


How far along? 30 weeks
Total Weight Gain? 12.5 pounds
Maternity Clothes? All the time... I have finally retired at least a dozen of my pre-pregnancy tops that I just can't make work anymore. I still have plenty of options between the maxi dresses, the stretchy skirts, and lots of comfy maternity tops. 
Stretch Marks? Nope! :)
Sleep? Never enough. On Sunday I finally had the feeling of 3rd trimester exhaustion and I had only been up for about 3 hours when it hit. I love napping when I can and my bed time is inching closer to 9pm (which makes me feel so old!)
Best Moment this Week? Feeling the most movement yet from baby girl. She loves to do somersaults and push against me.
Miss Anything? When we were grilling on our patio this past weekend, I really missed a nice glass of wine. The weather was perfect and a glass of water was just not the same!
Movement? Lots of it and she is so strong! Some of her kicks can kind of freak me out but overall I love feeling her move and knowing she is growing strong.
Food Cravings? Not really craving much of anything. I do enjoy my usual sweet treats and love eating cereal (sometimes even for dinner).
Anything Making you Queasy? No, thank goodness!
Gender? Girl!
Labor Signs? Nope and thankful that is it not time for this yet :)
Belly Button In or Out? It's still in and pretty shallow.
General Mood? Pretty good. I have had a few emotional meltdowns but once I cry it out, I feel much better. Thank goodness I have an incredibly supportive husband to help me through my emotional ups and downs. 
Symptoms? I have been having more pain in my lower back and really have to be careful when I get up quickly after sitting for a long time. I also have experienced cramps in my calves and feet during the night and sometimes during the day... they are like the worst version of a charlie horse and take at least 10 minutes to go away.
Looking Forward To? This coming weekend we are working on the nursery and my Mom is visiting and painting the room. I can't wait to see our baby girl's room start to come together and envisioning her sleeping in her crib.

Another week has gone by and we are starting to count the weeks, days, and weekends that we have left before baby arrives. I love being pregnant and definitely don't want to rush this journey, but at the same time I just can't wait to see our baby girl and bring her home!

No comments:

Post a Comment