Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Happy New Year! 2012 has arrived and I can hardly believe how fast the past year went by. When I posted my New Year's Resolutions for 2011, I focused on four areas of my life. I have decided to focus again on four areas for my 2012 resolutions. This list includes things I would like to change or improve, areas of my life that I would like to focus more time, and new ideas/projects that I would like to tackle this year. Here are the four areas of focus for my 2012 New Year's Resolutions:
  1. Live Simply - I mentioned in my recap post of 2011 Resolutions that I wanted to continue to focus on living a more simple life. I want to focus on spending quality time with family and friends and enjoying experiences in life instead of accumulating possessions and spending money on more 'things'. I plan on practicing this resolution throughout the year by cutting back on purchases, completing more diy projects for our home, and finding free or low cost activities throughout the year to spend time with my husband, family, and our friends.
  2. Document Life - I am not the best about taking pictures or videos of our life and I have not scrap-booked or framed new pictures for quite some time. I would like to get more comfortable using a camera and taking great photos and also being more comfortable having my picture taken. I have always had a picture phobia and getting my picture taken (whether it is formal or on the fly) has often given me anxiety. I want to focus this year on taking more photos and capturing the memories we are creating. I would like to find a photography class to take and I am making the commitment to scrapbook our photos more often this year and hopefully finish an album or two.
  3. Practice Patience - Everyone in my life that knows me, knows that I am a very impatient person. I am very driven and ambitious, which makes it hard to be patient and wait for things to happen in our lives. My husband and I have been trying to getting pregnant for about 8 months and the process is taking longer than we both expected. I would like to spend this year on practicing patience and truly trusting this process. I know we will be great parents some day, but I need to work on relying on my faith during this process (no matter how long it takes). This resolution will take on many forms in my life, but overall I want to practice being a more patient and calm person.
  4. Give Back - This resolution will be a focus on giving back to my community, giving to those that are less fortunate, and giving back to the environment. My life is full of many blessings and opportunities and I realize that there are several people that are less fortunate. I plan on picking a 'giving back' project each month that will focus on a charity or great cause that I can give back to with my time, money, or talents. I also want to get more involved in my community by volunteering at a local charity, hospital, or school. I will also be focusing on living a more 'green' life and giving back to the environment by using more environmentally friendly products, buying more local and organic foods, and transforming my home into a more clean and ecofriendly environment.
I hope that 2012 is full of many blessings for everyone and I look forward to another incredible year! I am truly blessed and amazed with my life and the opportunities I have and I am reminded of God's grace each and every day. Happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment