Monday, January 16, 2012

Sticky Popcorn

One of my best girlfriends is an amazing cook and baker and shares the best recipes with me. A few months ago she brought this delicious sticky popcorn to a get together with our girlfriends and I was instantly addicted! I have been raving about this recipe and finally this weekend I learned how to make it. Laura came over on Sunday to teach me this recipe and you would not believe how easy it was. Here is the recipe and the directions... enjoy!

Ingredients: 
  • 3 quarts of popped pop corn (I used 2 bags of the 'tender white' version of microwave popcorn)
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1/2 cup of light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup of butter
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of vanilla
Directions:
  1. Pop the popcorn and drain the unpopped seeds from the bowl.
  2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients and let the mixture come to a slight boil until you can feel with a spatula that the sugar is disolved.
  3. Place popcorn in an extra large bowl and pour hot mixture over the popcorn. Immediately stir until well combined and all of the popcorn is covered with the syrup mixture.
  4. The mixture can be enjoyed while warm or covered until it is cool. Be sure to keep the popcorn in an airtight container to keep in fresh and enjoy within 2-3 days.
The next time you are enjoying a great movie at home or having friends over to hang out, be sure to make this popcorn... I guarantee everyone will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment