Saturday, January 7, 2012

Apple Pie Cookies and Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

After our delicious dinner last night, we needed to end the evening with an amazing homemade apple pie cookie and a scoop of homemade vanilla bean ice cream. I found the recipe for the apple pie cookies on the blog Annie's Eats and these cookies were divine... like a mini apple pie and a cinnamon sugar cookie in one!


I modified the recipe a bit and used pre-made pie crust (so much easier and quicker) and to me the difference wasn't noticeable. I also made homemade ice cream for the first time last night using my new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker that my husband bought me for Christmas. I used a basic vanilla bean recipe that only calls for 4 ingredients (half and half, egg yolks, sugar, and vanilla bean). The recipe was surprisingly easy and so delicious. The ice cream was so creamy and decadent... to die for really! It is hard to buy regular ice cream again after having the delicious homemade version... and so easy to make at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment