Saturday, January 28, 2012

Giving Back - Wounded Warrior Project

I am truly blessed in my life and want to give back in so many ways. When I put together my resolutions for this year, I wanted to focus on giving back to deserving organizations and highlight the information on my blog. I have heard amazing things about the organization Wound Warrior Project and the services they offer to our service men and women that are returning home with injuries and trauma. Their website is a great resource for wounded service members and highlights the amazing projects that they are working on. The program that interested me the most was something the organization calls TRACK and it is an education and training center that helps service members meet their educational goals. In my current profession (human resources), I work with training individuals on a regular basis and I love the idea that our military members can access programs and opportunities to help them gain the education and training they need to become successful in the civilian world. There are so many ways you can help this great charity and it is easy to donate online, which is what I chose to do. I love knowing that the money I have donated today could help a soldier that fought for my freedoms and served our country. Thank you to all of the wounded warriors that have been brave and endured hardship for us all. We salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment