Saturday, February 25, 2012

Giving Back - Share Our Strength

The next charitable organization I would like to support as a part of my resolutions this year is Share Our Strength. I have heard several things about this charity through Rachael Ray who highlights this program and donates money from her personal charity Yum-o! Share Our Strength focuses their efforts on childhood hunger and providing resources for children in need, introducing healthy food options in our nations schools, and partnering with families to provide education on nutrition and affordable eating. It is shocking to me how many thousands of children go hungry each day and are sent to school with no breakfast and may go home to no dinner. I have been blessed immensely in my life and have never had a day without a meal or ever truly felt real hunger. I even catch myself when I say 'I am so hungry, or I am starving right now' and realize that I need to change that phrase. I have never truly gone hungry and I have never been starving. 

Share Our Strength is an incredible organization tackling a huge national crisis and there are so many ways you can give. One of my favorite fundraisers that they support is the Great American Bake Sale and this is a wonderful way to sponsor a bake sale in your community and send the proceeds to this great organization. Once the weather gets warmer, I plan to put together a great bake sale for our friends, family, and neighborhood and hopefully raise some money for such a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment