Thursday, February 9, 2012

Book Recap - 11/22/63 (Captivating Read!)

I have been addicted to reading for the past week and finally finished the book club book last night. I could not believe how I was sucked into this book and could not put it down. I was highly skeptical about reading a Stephen King book, but I must say that I am impressed with his ability to make a story come to life and really ponder things in my own life. The premise of this book was about changing history and what happens if you could go back in time and change a major historical event or even just change something that happened in your own life. I love when a book makes me think about my own life and what would I change in my past if I could. The book also tells the other side of the story and explains something called the 'butterfly effect'. This effect happens when you change one moment in the past and hundreds of other moments are affected because you changed just one thing. This book challenged me to think about what I would change in my past, but in the end I wouldn't change anything because then I wouldn't be where I am today. The challenges, the regrets, the failures, and the mistakes all make us who we are and place us in our current life today. This book was interesting, captivating, and reminded me that you shouldn't change the past but instead appreciate it for what it is... somehow perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment