Tonight I put together an easy chicken recipe that was given to me by a close friend that loves cooking with beer! This recipe for BBQ Chicken Sandwiches is the perfect solution for sandwich night and packs a bunch of flavor for not a lot of work. This recipe also uses the slow cooker (which I have committed to using more this fall/winter). Here are the ingredients and directions:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 oz of ketchup
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of beer
- 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke
- 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons of dry mustard
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook 4-5 chicken breasts in about 3/4 can of beer in the slow cooker with salt, pepper, and a few slices of onion for about 2-3 hours.
2) Simmer the homemade BBQ sauce for about 30 minutes and then add the chicken to the sauce after it has been shredded.
3) Serve on toasted sesame seed buns and enjoy!