Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dinner and Dessert

My mom is visiting for the weekend and tonight was the perfect night to make a new recipe for dinner and a dessert! We made Chicken and Cheese Lasagna Roll-Ups and they turned out great, with one exception... they needed spinach to be added to the recipe. After each new recipe I try, I always ask my husband or family if it is a do-over... and they said yes, as long as I added something green! For dessert (and for breakfast for the new few days) we made White Chocolate Walnut Zucchini Bread and it was pretty darn good. We adapted the recipe to make muffins instead of bread and I love how the zucchini makes the muffins so moist! This recipe calls for a few expensive ingredients though, like mascarpone cheese and white chocolate... so based on that, I probably will not make the recipe again. I have plenty of muffins to last us for the next few days and I can mark the lasagna roll-ups off my list of italian recipes to try (see previous post here). Hope you try a few recipes that you have seen featured here on my blog and be sure to post a comment if you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment