Friday, October 14, 2011

Book Club Recap

Last night was another great book club night with great friends, good food, and an excellent book to discuss. I finished the book 'Those Who Save Us' about an hour before book club (always leaving it down to the wire) and absolutely loved this book. This story encompassed both the past and present of a mother-daughter relationship that made it through the holocaust and their current life in America. This story brought up several memories for me from when my grandparents would share stories about their lives in Holland during the war. This book definitely deserves an A+ and I would recommend it to just about everyone!

My favorite recipe from last night was this Seven Layer Greek Dip from the blog Our Best Bites. It was super easy to put together and a huge hit with everyone!
Of course we chose the next book club selection and I am excited to get started on 'Room' by Emma Donoghue. I have heard great things about this book and can't wait to download it on my iPad and start reading. Stay tuned for updates on the book and have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with Room. I'm not ready to read it yet. Our book club is reading Breakfast at Tiffany's this month, it's actually a novella. I can't wait to have a martini and pastry in a bag. Of course, have to wear a slim black dress with pearls and dark glasses!

    ReplyDelete