Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Olivia Claire Gagliardi

On Sunday, November 11th at 8:50pm, we welcomed into the world our precious little girl, Olivia Claire Gagliardi. She weighed 8 lbs 5.5 ounces and was 19 1/2 inches long.
 
We are so happy to have our little girl here and incredibly blessed by her arrival. Here are a few pictures of our sweet daughter on her first few days in this world...


Here is a shortened version of her birth story...

We were surprised by how quickly my labor progressed on Sunday and how fast our baby arrived. I started having contractions Sunday morning and they quickly progressed by mid day to about 5 minutes apart and we decided to head to the hospital around 3pm. We checked into our room close to 4pm and things progressed quickly. Once my contractions were a few minutes apart, I had an epidural which felt great for about an hour or so. Things changed quickly as my contractions became more intense and my epidural stopped working. I progressed from a 5 to a 10 in less than 30 minutes and by the time 8pm rolled around it was time to start pushing. At this point the pain medication had worn off and they were not able to get another epidural started, so I ended up delivering naturally. I pushed for close to an hour and shortly before 9pm our daughter arrived!

Olivia is doing fantastic and we are so relieved to be home and comfy. Our hospital stay was nice but I was eager to bring her home and look forward to fewer interruptions throughout the nights. We are excited for the coming days of enjoying parenthood and hope to adjust nicely to the new routine and caring for our daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment