Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stuffed Peppers Recipes

My mom and step-dad visited us last weekend and we always find time for cooking when they are here. I have wanted to make stuffed bell peppers for awhile, but figured they would be too much work or wouldn't work out. We decided to try two different recipes for stuffed peppers so that we would have something to compare it to and also have leftovers! Here are the pictures and recipes of what we made... enjoy!
  • Quinoa Stuffed Peppers - these are vegetarian and loaded with quinoa. The only thing missing for me was the meat :) and more cheese.
  • Sante Fe Stuffed Peppers - we adapted this recipe to include brown rice instead of jasmine rice and used ground beef instead of ground turkey. These were by far my favorite of the two recipes and super cheesy! (this recipe is from my Recipe Board on Pinterest)

 Hope you try one or both of these recipes for your family soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment