Sunday, May 16, 2010

Thrill of a Lifetime

Just under 24 hours ago, I jumped out of a plane at about 10,000 feet above the ground... and it was the most amazing and thrilling adventure I have ever been on! It was a beautiful day in Moab and the view was amazing. The plane ride up took about 20 minutes and the scenery was breathtaking. Then they open the door of the plan and all of my nerves shot through the roof and I realized that we were jumping out of this plane in about 10 seconds. The most exciting part of the whole adventure is the first 10-20 seconds that you are leaving the plane and beginning the free-fall to ground. The 30 seconds of free-fall felt like it went by so fast but also lasted forever all at the same time! Then the shoot opened and we experienced about 5-7 minutes of breathtaking beauty as we descended to the ground. Then came the landing, which I not so gracefully landed on my butt, but all in all it was a safe and successful landing. 

What an experience to have! I can't believe I actually went skydiving and the feelings afterward are so empowering and make you feel like you can tackle anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment