Saturday, May 22, 2010

The 80/20 Rule

I know many people have heard of the 80/20 Rule when it comes to many things in life, but I am referring to this rule when it comes to dieting. The 80/20 Rule means that if you can follow your diet and exercise 80% of the time, then you can slip up on your diet or not exercise 20% of the time. The theory behind this rule is that you are following your plan 80% of the time, which is far more realistic than 100% of the time. We all know that when we are trying to lose weight, there will be slip-ups, bad days, and stretches of time we find ourselves in a rut. We have to allow ourselves to have the 20% of the time to not be perfect and to make mistakes. Dieting and Exercise are both very challenging for me to stay on track and committed to... so therefore I am focusing more on the 80/20 Rule and following my plan most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment