Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stress and Spending Money

I recently reviewed my 'spending tracking worksheet' and noticed that my spending has been out of control this month. My spending always seems to spike when I am under a lot of stress at work and when my schedule is crazy busy. I often fall into bad habits of eating out, buying Starbucks 4-5 days a week, and scheduling appointments like pedicures and massages. This month has been a pricey one and unfortunately has limited the amount of money I can put in savings at the end of the month. I really enjoy tracking my spending and keeping receipts to show myself where the money is going. Today is a wake up call for the budget and the month of July needs to be a bit more thrifty. I am setting a goal for myself to put $250 in our Baby Savings Fund next month... which means the spending needs to lighten up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment