Sunday, June 20, 2010

Insightful and Intriguing

I just finished the book, "Women, Food, and God" by Geneen Roth and the 2 words that best describe this book are insightful and intriguing. I found this book to be both comforting and also helpful in bringing awareness to food addiction and dieting. I learned a great deal about myself in reading this book and even though I am far from having it all figured out, I do feel closer to being able to listen to what my body needs instead of just doing what my emotions want. I will think about food in new ways and hopefully treat my body the way it deserves and use food as nourishment instead of eating when I am bored, stressed, tired, and so on. I hope to refer back to this book when I need a refresher and a reminder to treat my body with kindness, especially when dealing with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment