Friday, May 13, 2011

Book Club Updates

I just finished my current book club read ("Chasing Harry Winston") yesterday and it actually turned out to be a great read. Even though the book had a slow start, the storyline really developed and I fell in love with the three women in the book. Sometimes the best kinds of books are ones where you see some part of yourself in the main character. I enjoyed listening to the journey these three women took over about a year and how finding their true path to happiness is what really matters! I missed book club last night due to being very sick and the girls made an interesting choice for the next book. They chose 'Our Man in Tehran' by Robert Wright, which is the story of the Iranian hostage crisis in 1979 and the story of 6 Americans and their amazing escape. This selection is a first for our book club, the first time we have chosen a book that is historical and represents a dark time in history. I just ordered the book today and I am interested to see if this book will capture my attention...

No comments:

Post a Comment